Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sometimes My Heart Pushes My Ribs



I just got Ellen Kennedy's book, Some Times My Heart Pushes My Ribs. It's the first release of Muumuu House. Yesterday I didn't do anything. It was my day off and I spent the entire day at my computer, chatting with people, making submissions and editing old crap. It was raining and I intended to stay in my pajamas all day. Tao sent me a message as soon as the shipment of her books arrived and I immediately left my warm little apartment in Brooklyn, to ride a train for an hour, got the book, and then rode the train an hour back home. By the time I was home I had already read the book 1.3 times through. It is a short concise book of poetry and short fiction. Last night I read the book 2 more times. Today on the train to work I read it again. Ellen's work is addictive, you can re read her simple sentences many times and garner new moods each time. After spending less than one day with this book in my possession I can honestly say that I'm really excited what 20 year old Ellen Kennedy does with the rest of what I'm sure will be a very long career.

Everyone should buy a copy of this book here, because I'm sure they will adore it as much as I do.

4 comments:

mi said...

you look happy in that picture.

Blueberry said...

thank you for this post. it made me feel good.

DJ Berndt said...

I am even more excited to read it now.

Adam J Maynard said...

Hey Kendra, hope life in nyc is roasting and treating you real good, I think I'll buy this book son, Adam