Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kids These Days!

A really nice person wrote this about me on the web 4.0

I think he has a crush on me.

Two women, Cam Lab they were called, read Web 2.0 type stuff about themselves, their sex, their feelings, their quirks. Sort of like Kendra Grant Malone type stuff. The effect of this type of stuff seems to be the utter destruction of the sense of the artist as an individual. Oh, look, one more Web 2.0-head, thinking about himself/herself in the same way Web 2.0 makes everyone else think about themselves. Truly the destruction of subjectivity can be achieved, not by Lang Po (sorry Barrett Watten) but by this type of writing that seems to be no more than an automated reflex triggered by relating to one's computer. This is not to say I didn't enjoy the writing. I did enjoy it somewhat, but much of what I enjoyed about it was appalling to me. Anyway, Cam Lab should read K. G. Malone for a better (ie worse, in the sense of more appalling) version of what they're doing.

4 comments:

Ani Smith said...

Wow, you are single-handedly destroying subjectivity. That's so hot.

daryl said...

kendra grant malone? crushes all around

you've won my blue collar

don't bother knocking said...

What is web 2.0?

John Sakkis said...

stan is a good dancer...

he dances LA...