Thursday, September 25, 2008

I saw this on the street yesterday & a poem




A Kicked Pigeon

when we get together
we always
at some point
mention
that first glass
of gin
you bought me
about four years
ago now
you always look
so guilty
and i enjoy that
i think we both
know
that you didn't
do this to me
but i did do this
to you
and i am so
guilty

i never told you
that week when i
came to stay
with you
in new york
and refuse to
sleep with you
that one day
while you were
at work
i accidentally
kicked a pigeon
to death
i felt almost
as bad
during the same
trip
when you laid
your head in
my lap
to cry
and i made
you get up
because i
had to pee

3 comments:

stephen gurewitz (loves kendra) said...

this is my favorite of yours. it's, um, yeah i liked it a lot.

jereme said...

i like gin

BlogSloth said...

Does gin affect the skin more than regular alcohol? I was wondering. Or is that a hipster myth?