Tuesday, August 05, 2008

i got a present in the mail and it made me feel really happy



Brandon Hobson sent me a copy of his book recently, which was very nice of him, as I was between jobs at the time. Let me say this: the idea of giving a review of anything scares the shit out of me. But personally speaking, I really loved his book. It's a series of short vignettes that made me feel a little terrified. I think Blake Butler did a better job of writing about it here, a little while back.

I read the book a couple of weeks ago, but re-read it again today after I read his stories in the last NOON. Which are also really good.

Go read this at Titular and then when you decide you like it go buy his book.

3 comments:

Brandon Hobson said...

KGM,
Thank you. You are the beautiful savior of all of Russia.

ryan manning said...

the asian dan rather

BLAKE BUTLER said...

yes yes magic book