Monday, March 31, 2008

Bright Pink Powder

"Do you have any antihistamines?" Janet asked me.

"No," I said.

Janet reached for her purse and pulled out a large container of antihistamine.

"Why did you ask me for antihistamine if you already had so much of it?"

"I wanted to take your antihistamine."

"Why? I don't even take them."

Janet turned away from me. She took a small razor and a mirror out of her purse as well. She proceeded to chop up the antihistamine, the way one would chop up an eight ball of cocaine. She laid out two neat rails on the mirror.

"Do you have a hundred dollar bill?" She asked me.

"No"

"I knew you wouldn't."

Janet seemed disappointed in me. She took out a five dollar bill, rolled it up and snorted the antihistamine. There was bright pink powder on her nose. She lit a cigarette and wrote and email.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I recited this in pottery class last night.

Kendra Grant Malone said...

hah. yay! awesome.

ryan manning said...

i love this