Friday, November 30, 2007

Some Sketches

I wrote some voice over sketches for my friend Caitlin, who is making a movie about a girl running through the woods. Here is a selection for you to read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This afternoon, I woke up running. I’m not sure how I got here, or why my hands are covered in ink, blood and leaves. I just woke up running here, so I figured I might as well keep running.

I’m tired. I don’t know how long I’ve been running. The thought of stopping makes me panic, so I keep moving. It seems like there are plenty of miles left to run in these woods.

I can see them in my periphery. They are watching me run from behind the bushes and trees. I don’t know who they are. I’m tired.

I think it is them, who hung the lanterns. I can’t be sure. I can still see them peering at me. I’m afraid I might stumble. I can’t feel my legs.

(a boy begins to run along side of her)

He is not even looking at me. I am faster than him, but not by much. He is running with me now, but I don’t even know where I’m going. I think am leading him, but we have nowhere to go.

No comments: