Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nancy Chan



I just read an interview with her on fecal face.

You work mostly in black and white, why is this, and are you afraid of the rainbow?

I don't feel I've exhausted all of the values that can come out of a pot of black and a pot of clear. Being aware of what I can pull out of black ink can make it incredibly daunting to consider what can be done with color, so it may be a while before I consider changing my palette. A lot of intense emotion can be evoked through color, also, and the subjects of my drawings tend to come from a calmer place.



She is amazing. I want to hold hands with her.

see inside for details

4 comments:

JAWS said...

i have a project proposition for you (with me)... can we talk? what is your furreal e-mail address?

mine is: jocelynechase@gmail.com

hit me back if you're interested.

Kendra Grant Malone said...

jo-jo

check yer inbox!

karissa said...

ohh! looked at her site, love the drawings.

i really like the 'annie and michael' series.

Lyndall-O said...

I like the self portrait with otter costume one.