Monday, September 24, 2007

Giant Moutains

Your voice is raspy. When you talk, you mumble mostly incoherently.

"How was your day?"

"Fine, generally. Yeah, it was fine."

I am nervous, I can't stop fidgeting with my skirt. It is nice to listen to you tell stories about incredible things you observe. It is nice to hear about what you consider to be incredible.

"I am sitting cross-legged, in my boxer briefs."

"I am lying upside down, with my feet where the pillows are. I feel rebellious."

I can see out the window. In the alley, there is a ominous glow, with giant shadow people gesticulating wildly against the wall of the building adjacent to me. They are either fighting or dancing a strange dance.

"Giant mountains."

"Giant mountains."

I do not feel less alone, nor do I feel lonelier. You don't notice, but I've been holding my breath in various intervals to see if I can.

I can.

One of my legs is out-stretched over my head. The other lies straight on the bed in alignment with my back. If you were here right now, you would be looking up my skirt.

6 comments:

Lyndall-O said...

I like this. I get nervous on the phone a lot. I fidget and and before I know it the fidgeting is demanding more of my concentration than the phonecall and I have to bluff my through a conversation of which I've long lost the thread.

Anyway. I like this.

jereme said...

I like this.

It is kind of dirty but not.

Like dinner dishes. They are clean but you know they will be dirty.

That doesn't make sense much.

Provacotive. I think that is a better word.

Or not.

jereme said...

Sorry, I misspelled provocative.

I was going to delete the entire post and then create a new one but decided not.

It is better to see that I am human. I am not infallible.

I am humaized now. See I am human.

Right?

Kendra Grant Malone said...

lyndall-o,

there is a word for people like us. scatterbrain.

thank you for your expression of empathy.

jereme,

i am the worst speller on the planet. i spell check everything, even fucking myspace comments. it is okay. i do not judge. just the other day i misspelled grammar. i win.

stupid contest.

provocative. that is nice. i like that. you get an A+ for compliments today.

Kendra Grant Malone said...

p.s. well, i was just thinking about the word provocative. in the past (as in, fifteen min ago by my coworker), i've been accused of being a slut, or a whore. from now on, when i hear that or recall memories of people saying such things, i am going to mentally replace the words "slut" and "whore" with provocative and i am going to feel good about myself.

jereme said...

Kendra,

Your coworkers are simpletons.

There are two type of women:

Those who are honest about their sexuality.

and

Those who create perversion by repressing their sexuality.

Be confident. It is ok to be honest with your sexuality.

If women were not "sluts" or "whores" none of us would be here.