Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Black Widow/Fantastical Proverbial Victim

I have had two one night stands in my lifetime and both have ended up similarly. That is to say, both have ended up with the victim of my advances scrambling for their pants, blabbering, almost screaming nonsense unexpectedly at the break of dawn. Once, I was in tears, the other time I was simply spent, happy to have my bed to my lonesome. Regardless of my state, these boys who have little in common with each other outside of being bipedal creatures (well, when they entered, and again when they left), both left panicked, looking a bit frightened. Quite possibly I could have gone easier on the poor chaps. Maybe there was some emotional resonance there that I was unaware of for both of the boys, just coincidentally.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm a bit of a black widow. Praying mantis maybe.

Perhaps this is why I am not exactly one much for one night stands. However, I have no interest in dating, and one can only drop serious bank on flying across country to sleep with an ex every so often, and that business gets a little dramatic and messy anyways.

Sometimes I get so frustrated, I just want to walk out onto the street blindfolded and hope someone kidnaps me, just for an interesting change. It's three in the afternoon, I'm home from work early on my first day of this new job. I think I'm going to pour myself a drink.

No comments: