Sunday, December 10, 2006

This is a ridiculous soapbox, but I won't hide it any longer.

My room is messy, and not very aesthetically pleasing. This is the way I like it. I secretly resent when people come into it (I don't like people being in my room generally, unless it is for some reason or another completely necessary) and offer me their ideas on how to make it less gross and ugly. It may seem ass-backwards, especially for a girl (which is an offensive double standard, if I do say so myself), but I actually revel in the mess. I love an unkempt bedroom. I am a cleanly person. I rarely am responsible for messes in the rest of the house, with the one exception of in the kitchen when I am baking but even then I like to clean as I go. To me a dirty room makes sense, it keeps me from being distracted and some how keeps me humble, which helps me write.

Let me step up on my fucking soapbox and shout it. I am proud of my mess.

No comments: