Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tallulah my darling.

I enjoy naming inanimate objects. My car is Tina, because she is a flirtatious blue. Tina is kind of a hussy; lots of people drive her because I dont like to drive. But she doesnt seem to mind. She has taken a beating this year, but she can handle it. She still purrs a bit when she starts. My computer is named Tallulah. Tallulah has been in repair for a week but she came back to me today and is nearly the same as I left her. I passionately love Tallulah. Life would be so complicated without her. She is a brilliant secretary and more. When I cant handle things, and my brain shuts down, she steps up. She is my muse as well. Like old beat poets and their typewriters. I cant, I cant, I cant write on anything but my baby. I trust her with my mistakes. If I were a man, and I mean a "man's man", I would like to marry a girl named Tallulah. And I would sing songs about her.

I guess I just love names. Naming things. Delores, my cat. Named after Delores Hayes. My favorite character ever written. Delores likes to be called Lola. Never Lolita, she just wont respond. But Lola sings to her soul. She also comes to Meow Meow.

A person's name is also a deciding factor in my attraction these days. Men with quaint names melt me. It has come to the point that if I do not like your name, I will not date you. And in that vein, if I do like your name, I'm likely to date you based on that. Although this method of dating has not exactly panned out well for me this year.

I like to hear my name too. I feel very much that I am a Kendra. To the point that I don't like or trust any other Kendras, being that I am about as Kendra as one can get. I also dont like derivatives of my name. Kindra, Kendall. Ishh. Sound it out, Kendra, go ahead. Keeeennnndddrrrrrraaa. Nice, huh? People who know me well call me Kenny, and I like it because that is what Juan Pedro used to call me back in the day when he was Zack Malone. It feels so endearing. I am bound to like you more if you call me Kenny. Also, people who love me sometimes call me Kendee. Or Kendee Baby. Its pretty saccharine, but I like it all the same.

On a side note, if you are keen on me, and we are at a movie, whisper "Hello Kendra" in my ear, I will likely take my clothes off later.

No comments: