Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Gin and cigarettes.

Gin and cigarettes have been polluting my body for weeks. Nights run so late sometimes. Sleeping hasnt been the most efficient part of my life lately. If one cannot sleep one has to find other ways to fill those hours, n'est pas? Reading old pulp horror stories, writing, writing, writing, staying up ridiculously late with attractive new friends. Gin and cigarettes lends themselves well with all of the standard insomniatic activities. Or substitute Jameson for gin. Works pretty well. Rolls off the tongue. However, I always prefer a gin and tonic. I dare say that it is this lady's drink of choice.

There is a magic romance with gin and cigarettes. It cannot be denied. Sure intoxication has its own sort of magic, which we all (or most rather) know and love, but thats not what I'm talking about here. It is the distinct magic of gin and cigarettes. Something like star crossed lovers. Its actually divinely inarticulable. So I will stop. Stopping. Done.

So at this point this feels pretty conversational. So lets digress darling.

Heard any good jokes lately?

All I know is that it is easier to believe in the devil than it is to believe in god.

Fuck this shit.

No comments: